Thursday, September 13, 2012

Blogger BOM



I got so far behind on making the blocks before I left on holiday and ever since I got back I just couldn't get into the swing of things, but I managed to get my butt in gear and sewed 2 bocks! Not quite up to date, but getting there! Might do another one tomorrow, now I'm going to cook a nice chicken curry as Cape Town is once again in the grip of winter weather.....
Only two blocks behind. Will get done!

My daughter made this lovely pillow all by herself. Her best friend is having her birthday today and she decided to hand make a gift. She choose the pattern from the Internet, all the fabrics and fired away all by herself! I showed her how do insert the zipper and that's it! I am so proud! (she sure looks happy with the end result) I sure hope the friend would like it....


3 comments:

  1. I love your blocks. They look so pretty all together! Your daughter did a great job on her pillow! Future quilter, maybe??!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rosemary! The friend was in awe at the gift! My daughter is thrilled! Thanks for liking my blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely idea for a present, and how well it turned out! nice job of your daughter.
    good for you to pick up on the blocks! it's hard to imagine the weather in South Africa,because I have to think the other way around. It will be Spring soon.

    ReplyDelete