Monday, March 19, 2012

Roadtrip



Today I went on a little trip: I was asked to be a vendor at a quilt group in the Overberg area. So, I packed up my car yesterday, got the last afterthoughts together this morning and left bright and early. A little drizzle as I left home, but it cleared quickly, though the clouds stayed all the way. As I got closer to the Sir Lowry Pass, there was a huge police presence: apparently there was riots and clashes with the police near Grabouw, so we had to take a detour around Hangklip and Bettysbay. The scenery was just beautiful, because the road was quite congested, so I had a chance to snap a picture with my cellphone!

I had a lovely morning with the Overberg Quilters, got home in time to unpack my car and collect the kids from school.




This morning I had to demo a technique and I chose the 10 minute quilt block from Suzanne McNeal. I made a quilt last year using this technique and I chose the jelly roll version. it is so easy, and everybody came back for a second look. I'm sure some of them will try it out. I referred them to her video on You Tube to go and check out for themselves and get a refresher if they want to try it!

4 comments:

  1. Your quilt is so lovely. We saw the reports on TV about the riots in Grabow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ja, I came back on the N2, but was quite scared!

      Delete
  2. The quilt is so cute!! I found the tutorial on line. How fun is that!!

    ReplyDelete